- SSS plays a critical role in enhancing the wellness, holistic growth and development of students.
- We provide students with constructive help to support them as they navigate their way through their journey from 1st year through to graduation.
- Our Services are designed to impact on the student in both the “Teaching and Learning’ and the ‘Living and Learning’ contexts.
We offer a free, professional and confidential counselling, career and academic support service to all registered students of the CHS.
- Individual Personal Assessment, Counselling & Psycho-Therapy
- Crisis, Trauma & Psychiatric Emergencies
- Structured Student Retention and Throughput Programme
- Group Therapy
- Life Skills Development
- Career Assessment, Counselling & Development
- Academic Orientation & Integration
- Academic Assessment & Intervention
- Peer Wellness Mentoring
- Academic Mentoring
- Living and Learning Communities
- Graduate Development for the World of Work
|Interviewing Skills||Wellness||Money Management||Stress Management|
Contact us on:
Howard College: 1st Floor, Desmond Clarence Building ~ 0312608060
Medical School: 4th Floor, Main Building, Room 420 ~ 0312604795
Westville: Block E3, CHS Professional Services Office ~ 0312607087
Empangeni: Ngwelezane Park Home AO/ADO ~ 0312602690
Madadeni: AO/ADO ~ 0312601978/2563
Newcastle: Park Home ~ 0312603764/2108
Pietermaritzburg: Ground Floor, Denison Building ~ 0332606390
Port Shepstone: Park Home Port Shepstone Hospital
Stanger: AO/ADO ~ 0312601683
Click here to book for workshop sessions.
For appointments: email firstname.lastname@example.org and please indicate your campus and two possible dates and times that would suit you for your appointment with the student counsellor.
In the interests of evaluating and improving on service delivery please Click here to complete a Client Satisfaction Survey. Your feedback is anonymous and confidential.
If you experience any difficulties completing the survey, you are most welcome to email email@example.com. Any technical queries regarding completing the survey will be addressed.
- College Manager Dr Saloschini Pillay
- Student Counsellor Mrs Wulganithi Thaver
- Student Counsellor (NRMSM) Ms Suzanne Mary-Anne Stokes
- Student Counsellor: Kristy Greener
- Student Counsellor: Sithabile Ndlovu
- DCTP Student counsellors: Thokozani Sithole, Charlene Kodi, Phumeza Mthembu, Lindokuhle Makhonza