- SSS plays a critical role in enhancing the wellness, holistic growth and development of students.
- We provide students with constructive help to support them as they navigate their way through their journey from 1st year through to graduation.
- Our Services are designed to impact on the student in both the “Teaching and Learning’ and the ‘Living and Learning’ contexts.
We offer a free, professional and confidential counselling, career and academic support service to all registered students of the CHS.
- Individual Personal Assessment, Counselling & Psycho-Therapy
- Crisis, Trauma & Psychiatric Emergencies
- Structured Student Retention and Throughput Programme
- Group Therapy
- Life Skills Development
- Career Assessment, Counselling & Development
- Academic Orientation & Integration
- Academic Assessment & Intervention
- Peer Wellness Mentoring
- Academic Mentoring
- Living and Learning Communities
- Graduate Development for the World of Work
|Interviewing Skills||Wellness||Money Management||Stress Management|
Contact us on:
- Westville Campus: Block E3, Wellness Centre, Room 300K, 031-2607087
- Howard College Campus: Level 1, Desmond Clarence Building, Room 27, 031-2603952/7087/4994
- Medical School Campus: 2nd Floor, Main Building, Room 238, 031-2604595/ 7087
- Pietermaritzburg Campus: Resource Centre, Denison Building, Ground Floor, Tel: 033-2606390 [Monday, Wednesday, Friday 5-8 p.m. only]
- Lower Umfolozi War Memorial, Ngwelezane, Madadeni, Stanger: AO/ADO: 031-260-2690
Click here to book for workshop sessions.
For appointments: email firstname.lastname@example.org and please indicate your campus and two possible dates and times that would suit you for your appointment with the student counsellor.
In the interests of evaluating and improving on service delivery please Click Here to complete a Client Satisfaction Survey. Your feedback is anonymous and confidential.
If you experience any difficulties completing the survey, you are most welcome to email email@example.com. Any technical queries regarding completing the survey will be addressed.
- College Manager Dr Saloschini Pillay
- Student Counsellor Mrs Wulli Thaver
- Student Counsellor (NRMSM) Ms Suzanne Mary-Anne Stokes
- Project Coordinator: Sinegugu Khuzwayo
- Student Counsellor: Daniela Maria Prado-Castro